Reynolds Insurance Agency
12101 Main Street, P. O. Box 99, Libertytown, MD 21762-0099
Office: 1-800-377-9814 or 301-898-5500 Fax: 301-845-8305 e-mail RIA@xecu.net
As a current customer of Reynolds Insurance Agency, we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Reynolds Insurance Agency collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Reynolds Insurance Agency collects this necessary information from the following sources:
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, Reynolds Insurance Agency may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, supplemental applications, renewal questionnaires, restrictive coverage forms, medical examination forms, statement of value forms and copies of personal or corporate documents as required by companies to verify information , this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about our clients' transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don't share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Reynolds Insurance Agency may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Reynolds Insurance Agency to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client's records
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Reynolds Insurance Agency to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.